Things To Do
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
you are seeking an attractive park from which to explore West Cornwall,
then we are in the ideal position.
- Being close to Penzance, you have the
opportunity to take a day trip by helicopter, plane or ship to the
Isles of Scilly.
- Marazion, which looks out to St. Michaels
Mount, is but three miles
distant. At low tide the Mount can be reached on foot over the historic causeway and at high tide by small ferry boats.
- Boat trips are available from Penzance and Porthleven for fishing or nature watching.
- The beautiful Lizard Peninsula with its pretty coves, including the famous Kynance Cove, is only a 30 minute drive.
- Easily accessible by bus, car or scenic train ride is St. Ives, with its quaint streets, beaches, many restaurants and newly extended Tate Gallery.
- The rugged beauty of Land's
End and Cape Cornwall has attracted film makers over the years. Most recently this was a location for Poldark and the Rosamund Pilcher series.
- The Eden Project, one of Cornwall's most visited attractions, is about an hour away.
- Locally there are ample opportunities to learn scuba
diving, surfing, paddle boarding, kite and wind surfing. Equipment is
available to hire at nearby (5 minute drive) Praa Sands.
Eating out in West
Cornwall is a real treat, with a huge range of excellent eateries in
all price ranges. Porthleven especially, has a variety of very good
restaurants and an annual food festival.
Should you not want to venture out, then a
short amble across the campsite will take you to our on-site pizzeria,
The Fat Gull. Here you can order pizzas, handmade on the premises from our own
dough, topped with fresh ingredients and accompanied by salads made to order.
A full range of tourist information is available and the owners are always on hand to offer tips and advice.